Friday, November 23, 2007

FOUNDATION OF THE SORROWFUL AND IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY

There are two chapters in my book, Its Light is the Lamb, where I discuss the apparitions of Dr. Gianna Talone-Sullivan at some length. One is Chapter Six titled: Apparitions in Scottsdale, AZ. The other is Chapter Sixteen, Our Lady of Emmitsburg. It was in Scottsdale that Dr. Gianna Sullivan, who has a Doctorate in Pharmacology from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, and who was pursuing a promising career in her profession, started to see Mary, the Mother of God. Since that time she has been graced with visions of Our Lady almost daily. In 1993 she moved to Emmitsburg, MD with her husband, Dr. Michael Sullivan, a medical doctor. It was the Virgin Mary who invited the newlyweds to move to Emmitsburg and it was the Virgin Mary who indicated that Emmitsburg was a very special place, that it was to be the 'Center of Her Immaculate Heart'.
In this post I would like to briefly discuss the Foundation of the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary; how it began; and its import for me. From Dec. 2003 until May 2005, in her messages, Our Lady of Emmitsburg frequently indicated that she was pleading with God the Father to personally intervene in our world, which she kept repeating, was in dire need. Then, on May 21, 2005, Mary, the Mother of God, tells Dr.Gianna Sullivan that she wants a foundation established in Emmitsburg, titled the ‘Foundation of the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary’. Our Lady continues, telling her that the Foundation is to belong to God the Father and that its purpose is to convey to the whole world the “Words of God the Father” and to make known the “Truth of my Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart.”

It has always been my understanding that it is the teaching of the Catholic Church that its flock is not required to believe in any private revelations. It is up to the Church officials to discern whether any private revelations, allegedly received from God or from Our Lady, are authentic. And even then, Catholics are not required to believe in these revelations. Recently, some articles that I have been reading, point out that when part of the revelation itself indicates that the message is public and is intended for everyone, everywhere, under these circumstances Catholics are required (I hesitate to use those two words: “are required”) to both investigate and prayerfully discern if these words are intended for them.

2 comments:

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Edna, Your blog is also interesting and I think I need to read your book before I understand it all. Be patient with me though! I have a pile of reading to do and not much time to get to it - but I will! Diane

EC Gefroh said...

Aloha Edna.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.
I enjoyed my visit to your blog too!